The State of Connecticut has passed legislation concerning licensing and inspection oversight of Barbershops, Hairdressing, Cosmetology Shops and Nail Salons. The District Regulations provide specific criteria for inspections and licensing. These Regulations are authorized pursuant to Sec. 19a-231 of the Connecticut General Statutes.
The District licenses and inspects over 200 establishments in our jurisdiction. Inspections are conducted on an annual basis and in the event of a complaint. The focus of these inspections is to ensure that sanitary conditions are being met and to reduce the likelihood of disease transmission.
District Sanitarians maintain historical records of all inspections and licenses. If you would like to obtain information regarding any particular establishment within the Ledge Light Health District, please call us at 860-448-4882.
The District also responds to all inquiries or complaints regarding cosmetology establishments. To make a complaint, please complete our citizen complaint form.
- Cosmetology/Body Art License Application NEW!
- Procedures for Opening a Cosmetology/Body Art Establishment NEW!
- Cosmetology Inspection Form NEW!
- Body Art Inspection Form NEW!
- Local Cosmetology Regulations
- Body Art Regulations NEW!
- State Salon Statutes
- Information for Regulated Establishments during COVID-19 Situation
Fees: Plan Review Fee – $300 Annual License Fee – $100