- View Our Public Health Alerts – updated 12.7.18
- NEW! Outbreak of E. coli Infections Linked to Romaine Lettuce – 12.7.18
- Free Flu shot clinic for children and adults on December 8, 2018, from 10 to noon at LLHD. First come, first served.
- Effective January 1, 2019, Connecticut will be switching to the FDA Food Code.
- 2019 Certified Food Protection Manager Course Dates
- Storm-Related and Other Emergency Information for Foodservice Establishments
- How to Prevent and Eliminate Rats in Residential Settings
- Learn how we promote healthy communities through our programs.
- Our Fees
- Connect with us on facebook, Instagram and twitter.
Ledge Light Health District
Promoting Healthy Communities
Welcome to our website! Whether you are looking for information about septic systems or doing research for a school project about cardiovascular disease, we hope you’ll find the site easy to navigate and full of useful information. If you have any comments or questions, please contact us – we want to hear from you!
Ledge Light Health District (LLHD) is the local health department for East Lyme, Groton, Ledyard, Lyme, New London, North Stonington, Old Lyme, Stonington, and Waterford, Connecticut. From restaurant inspections to smoking cessation classes, we work hard to promote healthy communities and prevent disease, illness, and injury.
Collaboration is a cornerstone of our work – we pursue our mission by partnering with our colleagues in our member municipalities, the Connecticut Department of Public Health, local school districts and numerous community agencies. Most importantly, we grow our work through the feedback and involvement of the community residents we serve. We can’t fulfill our promise to the community – to promote healthy communities and ensure healthy opportunities are in reach for everyone – without the help of community residents. So pull up a chair and get to know us – and then consider being part of our promise.