- Beach Water Advisories/Closures – updated 8.9.18
- View Our Public Health Alerts – updated 8.6.18
- First Two Human Cases of West Nile Virus Identified in CT This Season
- Gov. Malloy and Public Health Officials Advise Residents of Increased West Nile Activity This Season. – 8/2/18
- Mosquitoes in Waterford Test Positive for West Nile Virus
- 2018 LLHD Mosquito Control Program
- Renew your license or registration online.
- 2018 Live Well with Diabetes Program. Register today!
- How to Prevent and Eliminate Rats in Residential Settings
- Reopening a Food Service Establishment After a Power Outage
- Food Establishment Generator Use During a Power Outage
- Important Information about the FDA Model Food Code
- Download the LLHD FDA Model Food Code Info Session Presentation
- Connect with us on facebook, Instagram and twitter.
- Learn how we promote healthy communities through our programs.
- Our Fees
Ledge Light Health District
Promoting Healthy Communities
Welcome to our website! Whether you are looking for information about septic systems or doing research for a school project about cardiovascular disease, we hope you’ll find the site easy to navigate and full of useful information. If you have any comments or questions, please contact us – we want to hear from you!
Ledge Light Health District (LLHD) is the local health department for East Lyme, Groton, Ledyard, Lyme, New London, North Stonington, Old Lyme, Stonington, and Waterford, Connecticut. From restaurant inspections to smoking cessation classes, we work hard to promote healthy communities and prevent disease, illness, and injury.
Collaboration is a cornerstone of our work – we pursue our mission by partnering with our colleagues in our member municipalities, the Connecticut Department of Public Health, local school districts and numerous community agencies. Most importantly, we grow our work through the feedback and involvement of the community residents we serve. We can’t fulfill our promise to the community – to promote healthy communities and ensure healthy opportunities are in reach for everyone – without the help of community residents. So pull up a chair and get to know us – and then consider being part of our promise.