Currently eligible: Individuals who are 65 or older and Phase 1a healthcare personnel and medical first responders as defined by the State of Connecticut.
Get the latest information about COVID vaccinations and links to registration sites here.
- Looking for COVID-19 information? Want the latest data or to find a place to get tested? Check here!
- Priority Workforce COVID-19 Testing
- Food Safety Alert: Recall of El Abuelito Soft Cheeses
- Free Cooking Class for Adults Living with Diabetes
- We are hiring! Check our job postings and join our team!
- Information for Regulated Establishments
- Newsroom: LLHD News Articles & Press Releases
- Connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Ledge Light Health District
Promoting Healthy Communities
Welcome to our website! Whether you are looking for information about septic systems or doing research for a school project about cardiovascular disease, we hope you’ll find the site easy to navigate and full of useful information. If you have any comments or questions, please contact us – we want to hear from you!
Ledge Light Health District (LLHD) is the local health department for East Lyme, Groton, Ledyard, Lyme, New London, North Stonington, Old Lyme, Stonington, and Waterford, Connecticut. From restaurant inspections to smoking cessation classes, we work hard to promote healthy communities and prevent disease, illness, and injury.
Collaboration is a cornerstone of our work – we pursue our mission by partnering with our colleagues in our member municipalities, the Connecticut Department of Public Health, local school districts and numerous community agencies. Most importantly, we grow our work through the feedback and involvement of the community residents we serve. We can’t fulfill our promise to the community – to promote healthy communities and ensure healthy opportunities are in reach for everyone – without the help of community residents. So pull up a chair and get to know us – and then consider being part of our promise.