How You Can Plan and Prepare
You can take steps to be personally prepared for a disaster. Advance planning could help reduce the danger and distress you and your family might face.
You can prepare yourself, your home, your family, and your business by staying aware and making emergency plans.
If you would like more information, please contact Steve Mansfield, Director of Health.
KI (Potassium Iodide) Tablets
Potassium Iodide (KI) is a form of stable iodine. It helps protect the thyroid gland from radioactive- iodine so it is important to take your KI dose when directed. You should only take your KI dose when instructed to do so by public health officials and/or the Governor. Check with a medical provider if allergic.
- Food and Water in an Emergency
- Family Disaster Plan
- Flood Safety Checklist
- Hurricane Safety
- Pet Safety Checklist
- Power Outage Checklist
- Septic and Well Safety After a Natural Disaster
- Travelers Health Guidance
- Red Cross
- Connecticut Division of Emergency Management and Homeland Security
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention
Children and Youth
- Ready Kids: Tools and Information to Help Before, During, and After Disasters.
- Preparing Together: A Kid’s Guide
Businesses and Employers