Food Service Establishments
Ledge Light Health District is responsible for licensing and regulating activities involving the preparation and service of food that is sold or given to the public within the District. This includes traditional food service establishments, temporary events, and vendors.
For information about food service regulations, please click on the Food Service Establishments button above.
The District also responds to all inquiries or complaints regarding food establishments. To make a complaint, please complete our citizen complaint form.
Adoption of FDA Model Food Code
Connecticut has adopted the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Model Food Code and big changes are coming to Connecticut and LLHD! LLHD conducted an informational session to discuss what changes are being implemented and how these changes will affect the procedures of both LLHD and our regulated establishments.
In addition, please see the CT Department of Public Health Food Protection Program Circular letter explaining the implementation deadlines and a CT DPH “draft” side by side comparison of how restaurant classifications will change (October 1, 2017). For general questions about the FDA changes, please contact Ryan McCammon at 860-448-4882 extension 1301 or email@example.com.
- Reopening Food Service After a Power Outage
- Food Establishment Generator Use During a Power Outage
- LLHD Food Service Regulations
- LLHD Guidelines for Old Lyme Food Service Establishments
- LLHD Guidelines for Stonington Food Service Establishments
- LLHD Procedures for Opening a Food Service Establishment
- Application for Food Service License
- State Health Code
- Prohibition of Latex Gloves in Food Establishments
- The State of Connecticut currently recognizes the training and certification of the following organizations:
- The Educational Foundation of the National Restaurant Association (NRA), 1-800-765-2122
- Prometric (formerly Thompson Prometric), 1-800-624-2736
- The National Registry of Food Safety Professionals, Inc., 1-800-446-0257
- Holiday Event/Large Meal Preparation Tips
- Food Inspection Violation Examples
- Employee Training Record
- Person in Charge Guidelines
- Designated Alternate Form
- LLHD Food Establishment Fee List
- For information regarding many aspects of safe food handling, visit the U.S. Department of Agriculture website.
- If you would like to obtain information regarding any particular food establishment within Ledge Light Health District, please contact us at 860-448-4882.