Flu Clinic – October 14, 2018 from 12 to 2pm at New London High School (490 Jefferson Avenue, New London)
No time to get a flu shot? Drive up or walk up with ease and roll up that sleeve! Ledge Light Health District will host its 7th annual Drive-Thru to Beat the Flu clinic in the parking lot of New London High School located at 490 Jefferson Avenue in New London from 12:00 until 2pm while supplies last. Flu shots will be available for adults 18 years and older at no cost who live in East Lyme, Groton, Ledyard, Lyme, New London, North Stonington, Old Lyme, Stonington, and Waterford.
The Flu Clinic is a full-scale exercise that allows Ledge Light Health District staff, Medical Reserve Corps and partners to practice mass dispensing plans.
Flu consents can be downloaded from www.llhd.org or obtained at the flu clinic. It is recommended that people wear a tank top, short sleeve shirt or loose-fitting clothes for easy access to the upper arm. Any questions, please call 860-448-4882.
Even though how well the vaccine works does vary from year to year, the flu vaccine remains the single best tool we have in preventing flu infections, flu-related hospitalizations, and flu-related deaths. Following other basic healthy habits like cleaning your hands often with warm soapy water or an alcohol-based sanitizer, not touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unclean hands, and covering your mouth and nose with a tissue or your elbow when you cough or sneeze can also help prevent the spread of flu.
- Flu Clinic- October 14, 2018 at New London High School – click here to download flyer
- Seasonal Flu Information (Connecticut Department of Public Health)
- Click on the map below to see the latest FluView flu activity map from the CDC
- The Flu Shot: Who Should Do It, Who Should Not and Who Should Take Precautions (CDC)
- What You Can Do to Prevent the Flu (English)
- Flu Prevention Poster n Spanish (Spanish)
Vaccine Information Sheets
Flu Consent Forms