Flu Clinic – December 8, 2018, from 10am to noon at Ledge Light Health District (216 Broad Street, New London, CT 06320)
Ledge Light Health District will host a flu clinic on December 8, 2018, from 10 am to 12:00 pm while supplies last. Flu shots will be available for children and adults at no cost for individuals who live in East Lyme, Groton, Ledyard, Lyme, New London, North Stonington, Old Lyme, Stonington, and Waterford.
Even though how well the vaccine works does vary from year to year, the flu vaccine remains the single best tool we have in preventing flu infections, flu-related hospitalizations, and flu-related deaths. Following other basic healthy habits like cleaning your hands often with warm soapy water or an alcohol-based sanitizer, not touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unclean hands, and covering your mouth and nose with a tissue or your elbow when you cough or sneeze can also help prevent the spread of flu.
- Seasonal Flu Information (Connecticut Department of Public Health)
- Click on the map below to see the latest FluView flu activity map from the CDC
- The Flu Shot: Who Should Do It, Who Should Not and Who Should Take Precautions (CDC)
- What You Can Do to Prevent the Flu (English)
- Flu Prevention Poster n Spanish (Spanish)
Vaccine Information Sheets
Flu Consent Forms