COVID-19 and Businesses
Prevention is Key!
- Follow the policies and procedures of the employer related to illness, cleaning and disinfecting, and work meetings and travel.
- Stay home if sick, except to get medical care.
- Practice social distancing by keeping at least 6 feet away from fellow co-employees, customers, and visitors when possible.
- Employees should inform their supervisor if they or their colleagues develop symptoms at work. No one with COVID-19 symptoms should be present at the workplace.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing noses, coughing, or sneezing, or having been in a public place.
- Use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Ensure employees are socially distanced in the break room. When not eating or drinking, masks should be worn.
- Smoking breaks should be taken alone.
- After touching high-touch areas, wash or sanitize your hands.
Isolation and Quarantine Guidance
- LLHD Fact Sheet on Isolation and Quarantine
- Stay Up to Date on COVID Vaccines
- Isolation and Quarantine Calculator (CDC)
- Connect with LLHD on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- How You Can Plan and Prepare for Emergencies
- 2-1-1 Connecticut: Individuals who have general questions that are not answered on the website can also call 2-1-1 for assistance.
- YNHH: Yale New Haven Health
- CTDPH: Connecticut Department of Public Health
- CDC: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- FEMA: Federal Emergency Management Agency
- NIH – National Institute of Health