Ledge Light Health District is committed to providing quality services and meeting the needs of our communities. We are fortunate to have many partners who share our dedication to building healthy and safe communities. From health education to environmental protection to emergency response planning, we work together with local and state health, social service and government agencies to build healthy and safe communities for our residents.
The eight municipalities which the District serves are our key partners. We work together with these municipalities by providing a public health perspective and helping to integrate public health into their daily activities. We also benefit from their support of our activities and programs.
- The Town of East Lyme
- The City of Groton
- The Town of Groton
- The Town of Ledyard
- The Town of Lyme
- The City of New London
- The Town of North Stonington
- The Town of Old Lyme
- The Town of Stonington
- The Town of Waterford
Our partnerships with our municipal members extend to their respective school districts as well, as we work together to bring education about public health issues and healthy living to their students and faculty.
- East Lyme School District
- Groton School District
- Ledyard School District
- New London School District
- North Stonington School District
- Lyme – Old Lyme School District
- Stonington School District
- Waterford School District
Our public health partners include other local health districts and departments. Sharing expertise and resources enables us to launch New London County-wide health programs and initiatives.
Our health partnerships extend to healthcare organizations, bringing together our focus on prevention with their dedication to healing.
- Child and Family Agency
- Community Health Center, Inc.
- Generations Family Health Center, Inc.
- Lawrence and Memorial Hospital
- Ledyard Public Health Nursing
- Southeastern Mental Health Authority
- United Community and Family Services, Inc.
- The Visiting Nurses Association of Southeastern Connecticut
- The William W. Backus Hospital
Our partnerships with community social service agencies are crucial to the fulfillment of our vision of a healthy community. Their programs and ours benefit from mutual support and shared resources and knowledge.